It’s high season for the Red-Winged Blackbirds in the northwest corner of the park. It’s time for mating and nesting, and that’s serious business. From sunup to sunset the males’ shrill cries advertise their availability and warn off rivals. Here’s a contender claiming a leafy little bush for his territory — a fine place to make a nest, he may be saying.
- First Blackbird of the year
- Blackbird Has Dinner for the Kids
- Red-winged Blackbird in Breeding Season 5/16/2012
- Red-Winged Blackbird Female
- Blackbird Takeoff
- Blackbird displaying
- Red-winged Blackbird Female
- Blackbird Looking West Nov. 1 2011
- Red-winged Blackbird Without Red?
- Red-winged Blackbirds: Finally Here?