It’s almost here — the Autumn Equinox, halfway point between the Summer and Winter Solstices. To mark the date there’ll be an event at the Cesar Chavez Solar Calendar in the park on Tuesday, September 22, from 6:15 to 7:15 pm. The sun will set at 7.
The event will feature a mini workshop on the sun, the earth, and the moon and how they relate. There’ll be a brief cultural celebration of the season. There’ll be a short discussion of the Cesar Chavez virtue of “Courage.”
Alan Gould of the Lawrence Hall of Science will lead the event, substituting for Rabbi Cooper who will be celebrating Yom Kippur instead.
Note: the Solar Calendar will feature a new sign that includes the solstices and equinox events:
- Canceled: Winter Solstice at the Park Monday Dec. 21
- Winter Solstice Celebrated at Solar Calendar
- Winter Solstice Gathering
- Autumn Equinox Gathering Sept. 22
- Winter Solstice Gathering December 21
- Autumn Equinox: Climate Action
- Amazing Solstice
- Autumn Equinox Celebration Saturday
- When the Earth Tilts
- Summer Solstice Celebration June 20